February 25, 2017
If you are still thinking about joining our Freedom Steps event but haven’t registered yet – there is still time! This is all you need to know about what’s happening on the day, and how to get involved:
1. You can take part as an individual, a family or a group of friends and neighbours. You just need to register here:
2. You can walk anywhere you like. Use an app like mapmyrun.com to plan your route.
3. Or, you can take part in one of our organized events, register here.
- Atlanta: Shamrock Park in Tyrone, GA, for a 5K walk and family fun day
- Florida: Pompano Beach, South FL, for a 5K walk
- Colorado: Bluffs Regiona Park, Lonetree, CO for a 5K walk
- Ohio: Hill Lakes Park, Mason, OH for a 5K walk/run
4. Ask as many people as you like to sponsor you – there is no minimum sponsorship amount required to take part, but we’re asking everyone to have a goal of raising $150 to set one woman or child on the path to freedom.
5. Get kitted out – you can buy t-shirts, water bottles and visors from our online shop, all of which will help you make a statement about why you’re walking 5K.
6. It’s not too late to Invite friends, colleagues or your whole church. Share this video with them; it explains what Freedom Challenge and Freedom Steps is all about.
7. Enjoy! You will have a great sense of achievement at the end knowing you have made a difference to women and children trapped in modern-day slavery.